Friday, February 19, 2010

While the cat is away ...

Patty has been on an out of town trip for four days now and so Gabi, Bela and I have been spending a lot of time together. Mostly in my room, after I get home from work, where we play and dance and sing.

And watch TV.

And eat.

Okay, I admit it. I have been lax with the rules. We've watched more TV than their allotted time. And we've snacked on more chips and junk that Patty normally allows us.

And we've eaten out three times in the last four days. To places that don't exactly serve healthy options. And we've even been to the big toy store in the mall where each got a small toy. Including  me.


We've been bad. I've been bad. Wish I could with a straight face say that we did it to make up for Patty's absence. But that would make the bad worse.

Plain and simple, we've been enjoying ourselves. I've been enjoying myself. A bit too much, I guess.

Tomorrow, Patty comes home. And tomorrow, sanity returns to the house.

That's one of the reasons why I love my wife. She lovingly brings sanity and order into our lives.

My life especially.

No comments: